with Gay White & Ada Lusardi
One Saturday a month, 2 – 5 pm
Series fee: $480 (due in full upon registration)
In these eight seminars we will explore in detail the body, starting with the feet, and working our way up through the neck and head. We will consider developing skills for observing anatomy, energy, contour, and alignment. There will be a writing component and pre-assigned readings from Rolfing, by Ida Rolf, Yoga: Awakening the Inner Body, and Yoga for Healthy Feet, by Donald Moyer.
The series is open to graduates of The Yoga Room’s Advanced Studies Program or by permission of the instructors.
The dates* and topics for the seminars are as follows:
- September 9: basic questions of alignment
- October 7: alignment of the feet and ankles
- November 4: alignment of the knees and legs
- January 6: the alignment of the pelvis; awareness of the sacrum and tailbone
- February 3: the importance of the inner groins and iliopsoas
- March 3: aspects of the thorax, with particular focus on the sternum, collarbones and scapula
- May 5: the relationship between arms, elbows, wrists and hands
- June 2: head & neck, with particular emphasis on the cervical curve
Gay White and Ada Lusardi have worked closely with Donald Moyer, both as assistants to these seminars as long-time dedicated students.
Gay White is Director of The Yoga Room and Co-director of The Yoga Room’s Advanced StudiesProgram. She has studied asana and pranayama from Donald Moyer since 1991 and at the Iyengar Institute in Pune, India. Gay’s classes and workshops are dedicated to alignment and awareness in a safe and creative mixed-level learning community, and she leads yoga retreats and intensives locally and internationally. For more information, see TheYogaGarden.org.
Ada Lusardi’s classes and workshops marry the heart and science of yoga by offering nuanced and precise teaching with warmth and humor. Through the use of compassionate and clear direction, intelligent sequencing, and skillful hands-on adjustments, Ada challenges and helps students refine their yoga practice, regardless of age or ability. A self-professed “anatomy geek,” she leads classes and retreats throughout California’s Bay Area and around the country. She is graduate of The Yoga Room’s Advanced Studies Program and a perennial student of yoga and life. For information about Ada’s work see adayoga.com.