Welcome to The Yoga Room
The Yoga Room was founded in 1978 by Donald Moyer, a long-time student of B.K.S. Iyengar, author of Light on Yoga and Light on Pranayama. As a multi-generational community, we are concerned with encouraging proper alignment in the poses, maintaining a balance between strength and flexibility, and making yoga available to people of all ages and abilities.
With our emphasis on personalized practice, we offer alternatives for almost anyone, from expectant mothers, to those dealing with health issues and disabilities, to those who want a truly deep and challenging experience.
- Saturday Restorative, with Bonnie Maeda, April 19, May 24
- Yoga as Medicine, with Dr. Timothy McCall, MD, April 26
- Zen Meditation, with Wendy Johnson, May 1-22
- Inversions & Dynamic Practice, with Gay White, May 3
- Unraveling the Shoulders & Neck, with Ada Lusardi, May 10
- Feldenkrais® & Neuroplasticity, with Ernie Adams, May 10 & July 26
- Yoga for Cyclists, with Bridget Frederick, May 24
- Backcare & Scoliosis, with Deborah Wolk, May 31-June 1
- Contemplative Practice, with Gay White, June 7
- The Yoga of Walking, with Ada Lusardi, June 14
The Yoga Room’s Advanced Studies Program has been training yoga teachers since 1988, and it features in-depth classes on the practice and theory of yoga.
Gay White, Director • Donald Moyer, Founding Director