Welcome to The Yoga Room
The Yoga Room was founded in 1978 by Donald Moyer, a long-time student of B.K.S. Iyengar, author of Light on Yoga and Light on Pranayama. As a multi-generational community, we are concerned with encouraging proper alignment in the poses, maintaining a balance between strength and flexibility, and making yoga available to people of all ages and abilities.
With our emphasis on personalized practice, we offer alternatives for almost anyone, from expectant mothers, to those dealing with health issues and disabilities, to those who want a truly deep and challenging experience.
- The Yoga of Walking, with Ada Lusardi, February 22
- Saturday Restoratives, with Bonnie Maeda, February 22 and March 22
- The Intrinsic Hip Muscles, with Ada Lusardi, March 15
- General Restorative Sequence, with Mary Lou Weprin, March 29
- Observing & Recalling Movement, with Gay White, April 5
- Ground, Center, Midline, & Space, with Ellen Mossman, April 12
- Yoga as Medicine, with Dr. Timothy McCall, MD, April 26
- The Practice of Engaged Compassion, with Wendy Johnson, Thursdays, February 6-27
- Perfect Wisdom: The Mother of All Buddhas, with Reb Anderson, Thursdays, March 20-April 24
The Yoga Room’s Advanced Studies Program has been training yoga teachers since 1988, and it features in-depth classes on the practice and theory of yoga.
Gay White, Director • Donald Moyer, Founding Director