Welcome to The Yoga Room
Founded in 1978, The Yoga Room is dedicated to the practice of hatha yoga as taught by B.K.S. Iyengar, author of Light on Yoga and Light on Pranayama. As a multi-generational community, we are concerned with encouraging proper alignment in the poses, maintaining a balance between strength and flexibility, and making yoga available to people of all ages and abilities.
With our emphasis on personalized practice, The Yoga Room offers alternatives for almost anyone, from expectant mothers, to those dealing with health issues and disabilities, to those who want a truly deep and challenging experience.
Please see our Schedule for May-August 2013 for classes, workshops, and seminars.
Upcoming in June and July
- Saturday Restoratives, with Bonnie Maeda, June 15 & July 6
- Anatomy: The Intrinsic Hip Muscles, with Ada Lusardi, June 29
- Summer Series: Introduction to Yoga, with Gay White, July 1-29
- Summer Series: Unwinding the Web, with Ada Lusardi, July 10-31
- Teaching Yoga to Beginners, with Gay White, July 20
The Yoga Room’s Advanced Studies Program has been training yoga teachers since 1988, and it features in-depth classes on the practice and theory of yoga.
Please join us
Graduation for the Advanced Studies Program
Class of 2013
Saturday, June 22, 3-5pm
Family and friends are welcome!
Gay White, Director • Donald Moyer, Founding Director